So there's at least a handful people who got the same exact mail I got,
smells like spam to me.  At least Dan doesn't appear to have forged any
headers to do it.

He appears to only spam those who have posted to the list recently.

Since he appears to be a real person, I'd feel much better if Dan just
apologized and we forget about it.

-Dave