I mailed this group a few days ago. I have heard no suggestions or any kind
of replies. I was just wondering if anyone can help me out here. I am
running Win2000. OpenSSL built fine, I can make the connection, most of the
time, but after a short while I have to close the server because I am out of
memory. These memory leaks in CRYPTO_malloc are baffling me. Anyone who can
help, please give me some suggestions.

>I have been developing a basic web server using openssl library. I have
succeeded MOSTLY in getting the ssl
>connection. However, I am receiving both memory leaks and failed accept.

>This is what Rational's Purify found.

>[W] MLK: Memory leak of 248 bytes from 1 block allocated in CRYPTO_malloc
>[W] MLK: Memory leak of 76 bytes from 1 block allocated in CRYPTO_malloc
>[W] MLK: Memory leak of 904 bytes from 1 block allocated in CRYPTO_malloc
>[W] MLK: Memory leak of 64 bytes from 1 block allocated in CRYPTO_malloc
>[W] MLK: Memory leak of 12 bytes from 1 block allocated in CRYPTO_malloc
>[I] MPK: Potential memory leak of 21848 bytes from 1 block allocated in
CRYPTO_malloc
>[I] MPK: Potential memory leak of 18437 bytes from 1 block allocated in
CRYPTO_malloc
>[I] MPK: Potential memory leak of 18437 bytes from 1 block allocated in
CRYPTO_malloc
>[W] MLK: Memory leak of 64 bytes from 1 block allocated in CRYPTO_malloc
>[W] MLK: Memory leak of 32 bytes from 1 block allocated in CRYPTO_malloc
>[W] MLK: Memory leak of 1024 bytes from 1 block allocated in CRYPTO_malloc
>[W] MLK: Memory leak of 1024 bytes from 1 block allocated in CRYPTO_malloc
>[W] MLK: Memory leak of 200 bytes from 1 block allocated in CRYPTO_malloc
>[W] MLK: Memory leak of 20 bytes from 1 block allocated in CRYPTO_malloc
>[W] MLK: Memory leak of 64 bytes from 1 block allocated in ssl3_accept

>If anyone can suggest a release function I may be forgetting, I would be
very appreciative.

>If you would like to see my code, please let me know.

Brook A. Keele
Software Engineer,
Palisade Systems, Inc.
2625 North Loop Drive,