On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 11:18:25AM -0600, Verdon Walker wrote:
> This is very true, but in the case I am testing both sides are running the exact
>same version of openssl.exe. (One side as the server and one as the client.)
>Certainly, the same version of openssl.exe should be supporting the same cipher
>suites, shouldn't it?

>From the "compiled in" point of view, yes.
However: for a cipher to be usable, the cipher must be compiled in _and_
the necessary certificates must be present. So for cipher with RSA
authentication, a RSA certificate must be present on the server side,
for a cipher with DSA authentication, a DSA certificate must be present
on the server side. All DSA ciphers and some RSA ciphers (with EDH)
also do need DH parameters. Openssl s_server has built in DH-parameters,
so the last point cannot be your problem.

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/