On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 02:02:25PM +0700, Tom Zuurbier wrote:
> I am unable to make/compile openSSL on a HP9000 A400 system.
> See the Testlog file for more details.

This isn't a bug in OpenSSL. OpenSSL requires an ANSI C compiler.

> Target:           hpux-cc
> Compiler:         (Bundled) cc: NLSPATH is
> /usr/lib/nls/msg/%L/%N.cat:/usr/lib/n
> ls/msg/C/%N.cat:
> (Bundled) cc: CCOPTS is not set.
> (Bundled) cc: INCLUDIR is INCLUDIR=/usr/include

You only have the bundled K&R compiler that is sufficient to compile
the kernel but not to compile applications.
You must buy HP's unbundled ANSI C compiler or install gcc.
gcc for HP-UX 11 is available for free from HP's download site at
http://devresource.hp.com/.

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/