Our crypto accelerator uses Montgomery's Method.  Just as in OpenSSL's
eay RSA functions, the chip has pre-calculation initialization steps.
I can tell the chip to just do them each time, but of course it is faster
to only do it once for each modulus (n, or p and q) and cache the results
to use with future calculations.

I noticed that eay does the BN_MONT_CTX_set() only once.  To me, that
looks like an assumption that the modulus in the RSA structure will not
be altered during the structure's lifetime.  Is that true?  I hope so.

Another question - my understanding is that the SSL server will mostly
be doing private key decryptions in RSA key exchange - correct?

Tom Biggs