On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 04:57:17PM -0500, nicholas black wrote:
> hey there.  my software's operating in both client and server mode, and
> needs a different verify function depending on the two.
>
> i've used SSL_CTX_set_verify() to set the default callback.  i'm usually
> acting as a server, so i set it to my client cert verification function.
>
> when i want to connect to my server, i first get a new SSL * with
> SSL_new(), then attempt to change the callback function via
> SSL_set_verify().  said function is never called.

>From the CHANGES file:
  *) Modified SSL library such that the verify_callback that has been set
     specificly for an SSL object with SSL_set_verify() is actually being
     used. Before the change, a verify_callback set with this function was
     ignored and the verify_callback() set in the SSL_CTX at the time of
     the call was used. New function X509_STORE_CTX_set_verify_cb() introduced
     to allow the necessary settings.
     [Lutz Jaenicke]

The fix will be available in 0.9.6c (due out in the next days!?) and 0.9.7.
Nevertheless: thanks for your effort!

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/