Kevin Regan wrote:

> I've run into the handshake problem with OpenSSL and Java JSSE.  If I change
> the method used to create the SSL context from TLSv1_server_method to
> SSLv23_server_method, the problem is fixed.

Which version of JSSE are you using, and can you provide debug output?

You can get excellent verbose debug output in JSSE if you use this command line
switch:
-Djavax.net.debug=ssl,handshake,data,trustmanager
when calling your java application, i.e. in windows

java.exe -Djavax.net.debug=ssl,handshake,data,trustmanager MyClass

Recently - in a rather painful process - I found the cause for a BAD RECORD MAC
SSL error sent in the server hello msg, after my JSSE SSL client sent an
incorrect finish msg...

Best Regards,
David Maurus