Lutz Jaenicke schrieb:

> Please ignore my ignorance, but I just had a second look into RFC1274
> and I could not find any reference about "mail" being a short name
> for rfc822Mailbox.

See: RFC 2798  --> 9.1.3 --> 4th attribute

So I think both names are allowed.

I also see a document from Entrust (Entrust Directory Schema Definition)
where "email" is used as short name for "emailAddress" so perhaps it is
allowed but I found this nowhere else.

Best Regards Michael
Michael Bell                   Email (private): [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Rechenzentrum - Datacenter     Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Humboldt-University of Berlin  Tel.: +49 (0)30-2093 2482
Unter den Linden 6             Fax:  +49 (0)30-2093 2959
10099 Berlin
Germany                                       http://www.openca.org