I am trying to fix an old Open Source application using
BIO_do_handshake, and convert that app to use OpenSSL 0.9.7.
During testing, I discovered that the application would work when
using the OpenSSL Window dll's, but not when static linked.

What it comes down to is the application is using undefined methods
to force the SSL cipher list to only contain RSA:NULL:MD5 in the
client cipher list.  However, by using these unsupported methods, the
app is not calling SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list or any of the other common
methods of setting the cipher list, which results in the ssl_digest-
methods[] array not being initialized.  Somehow this array must get
initialized during OpenSSL dll setup, but so far I have not been able
to track down where that is being done.

When I use the correct method of setting the cipher list using
SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list, everything works as it should, with both the
dll's and the static link.  However comments in the old code indicate
problems in this area in older versions of OpenSSL, thus I guess the
use of the unsupported methods.

What would be the correct method to force the client cipher list to
only contain RSA:NULL:MD5 that would work with all recent versions of
OpenSSL?

Ken
Support
InterSoft International, Inc.
Voice: 888-823-1541, International 281-398-7060
Fax: 888-823-1542, International 281-560-9170
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.securenetterm.com