On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 06:59:05PM -0700, Praveen Dulam wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am testng my application on Vxworks.
> I am calling  rsa = RSA_generate_key(512, RSA_F4, NULL, NULL);
> this is barfing.
>
> When I debugged I could see the
> rsa->p=BN_generate_prime(NULL,bitsp,0,NULL,NULL,callback,cb_arg);
> is resturning NULL.
>
> Can some one let me know if I miss some thing ...

OpenSSL records errors it finds in its error queue. Please use the
ERR_get_error() family of functions to get an indication about
what was wrong.

Best regards,
        Lutz
PS. If I should give a guess, without digging deeper into it, all
key-generation routines require random numbers. Did you seed the
PRNG?
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/