On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 02:31:35AM +0700, Satria Bakti (13297096) wrote:
> I'm working on AES code in openssl. After some
> modifications on AES code, I tried to compile it
> using 'make' command, but it failed. Here's
> the message :
>
> cpp0 cannot allocate 56915764 bytes after allocating
> 481876 bytes

It seems, that the C-preprocessor has problems with allocating memory.
Probably it cannot parse the code.

> I'm using i585 166Mhz  machine, gcc-2.96, running on
> Linux 2.4.2-2.

Was gcc-2.96 an official release of gcc? Wasn't it an experimental version?
Try to update to gcc-3.0 or downgrade to gcc-2.95.x.

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/