[[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Wed Jun  5 14:48:52 2002]:

> ck_ssl.c: In function k_tn_tls_negotiate':
> ck_ssl.c:3232: ID_uniqueIdentifier' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> ck_ssl.c:3232: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> ck_ssl.c:3232: for each function it appears in.)
> ck_ssl.c: In function k_ssl_incoming':
> ck_ssl.c:3529: ID_uniqueIdentifier' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> *** Error code 1

The problem is caused by inconsistent definitions for the OID values.
According to RFC2256, the OID 2.5.4.45 is assigned to
X500UniqueIdentifier. UniqueIdentifier was assigned to
pilotAttributeType.44 in RFC1274.
If you have a look into crypto/objects/objects.txt you will see, that
this was (still is) commented out. The reason is that UniqueIdentifier
was (incorrectly) used for 2.5.4.45...
In OpenSSL 0.9.7 I renamed the entry for 2.5.4.45 to fully comply with
RFC2256. Now UniqueIdentifier is missing, as I did not uncomment the
entry for RFC1274 (otherwise maybe nobody would have noted and only
later strange failures would have been reported).

By making this change I obviously opened up a can of worms...
Comments please?

Best regards,
        Lutz