On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 01:28:44AM -0400, John Viega wrote:
> It's impossible to make an interoperable, signed S/MIME message with
> OpenSSL at the moment due to a dumb bug in the OpenSSL implementation.
> Go figure, no one actually seems to USE the OpenSSL S/MIME stuff
> (perhaps not just because of the bugs... lack of v3 support is an
> issue for me).

I am not concerned with the S/MIME implementation in OpenSSL myself
(I just use it as a part of mutt from time to time).
You did submit the "dumb bug" to [EMAIL PROTECTED], didn't you?
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/