Since Jeffrey has made such a good job analysing this, what are the
comments from everyone else?  I'd like to be rid of OpenSSLdie() if
possible...  I see no problem with the void->int conversion...

[[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Tue Jul 30 17:35:58 2002]:

> That is fine.  So the patches are out and already need to be
replaced
> since they do not compile on two major platforms.  The primary
concern
> was to get notification out and patches that stop the attacks.
That
> has been done.
>
> Arne has mentioned that he is working on alternate patches. All of
the
> functions in which die() was inserted already return errors when
> comparing buffer lengths except for:
>
>   s2_clnt.c client_finished()
>   s2_lib.c  ssl2_generate_key_material()
>   s2_lib.c  ssl2_write_error()
>   s2_srvr.c server_verify()
>   s2_srvr.c server_finished()
>
> of these,
>
>   client_finished() is safe to return an error value < 0
>

>   ssl2_generate_key_material() is void and so needs to have its
>   interface changed in order to return an error.  It is only called
>   from ssl2_enc_init().  ssl2_enc_init() already returns error
>   conditions.
>
>   ssl2_write_error() is void.  It is called from
ssl2_return_error()

--
Richard Levitte
[EMAIL PROTECTED]