On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Jon Peatfield wrote:

> Looking through the rest of the 0.9.6e patch I can't see any other
> cases where realloc() is called like this but I might well have missed
> some.  I'm hoping that someone who understands the code better will
> confirm/check this.

Might it not be better to add a check to OPENSSL_realloc (inside an #ifdef
if necessary/prudent for speed reasons) to check for this condition on
SunOS4 and any other similar platform?  That way, you could be sure this
(pretty unusual) case would be caught everywhere...

--
Jon Bright
Lead Programmer, Silicon Circus Ltd.