Hi

We have found a strange and different behavior between OpenSSL 0.9.6d 9
May 2002 and OpenSSL 0.9.7-beta2 16 Jun 2002, working on Windows 2000.

We have a 2 level hierarchy of Cas, with 9 second level Cas, based on
openssl, with a Lotus Domino Interface, for managing all the lifecycle
of certificates.

To put it clear, and simplifying, we could say we have CAroot selsigned
at the top level of the tree and CAlevel2 with its certificate signed by
CAroot.

Today we signed using OpenSSL 0.9.7-beta2 the CRLs for CAroot and
everything went fine, but when we signed the CRL for CAlevel2 we got in
the CRL as the ISSUER field, the data from the CAroot Certificate.

So the CRL for CAlevel2 had the issuer information of the Caroot, it is
like there is a bug and the issuer information for the second level CRL
comes from the top level certificate and not from the second level
certificate.

We re-signed the second level CA CRL with OpenSSL 0.9.6d 9 May 2002,
using the same configuration file, and the issuer information on the
Calevel2 CRL in the issuer field was correctly that from the CAlevel2
Certificate.

Hopes this is clear.

Best Regards
Rodolfo Lomascolo