I'm attempting to biuld openSSL on a Mac OS X Server 1.2v3 system a/k/a Rhapsody.
  Apple's cc version cc-783.1, based on gcc version 2.7.2.1

All goes well until the link step when I get an undefined symbol mesage from
ld in vuilding openssl  itself:
cc -o openssl -DMONOLITH -I../include -O3 -DB_ENDIAN openssl.o verify.o asn1pars.
o req.o dgst.o dh.o dhparam.o enc.o passwd.o gendh.o errstr.o ca.o pkcs7.o
crl2p7.o crl.o rsa.o rsautl.o dsa.o dsaparam.o x509.o genrsa.o gendsa.o s_server.
o s_client.o speed.o s_time.o apps.o s_cb.o s_socket.o app_rand.o version.
o sess_id.o ciphers.o nseq.o pkcs12.o pkcs8.o spkac.o smime.o rand.o  -L.. -lssl
-L.. -lcrypto
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_ftime
make[1]: *** [openssl] Error 1
make: *** [sub_all] Error 1

Upon further investigation, it appears that Apple didn't include the compatibility
library binary with the system, though they did ship a man page for ftime(
). Are there any work-arounds for this? It looks like you could roll your
own ftime() using gettimeofday() easily enough. I'd need some guidance in
adding it to the makefiles, though.

TIA
Regards,
Milo
--
Milo Velimirovic       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unix Computer Network Administrator  (608) 785-6618