[[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Wed Aug 21 22:21:34 2002]:

> The following patch provides basic support for Subject Directory
> Attributes, which are defined in the x509 spec (RFC 2459), but are
> currently unsupported by OpenSSL.  In this patch, Subject Directory
> Attributes are parsed like Authority Information Access.
>
> An OID for "Corestreet Credential Validation" has also been added to
> provide support for Dr. Silvio Micali's certificate validation
> mechanism.
>
> The follow diff is relative to the 8/15/02 snapshot.

Do you have an example of a certificate containing this extension, that
is one
not generated by OpenSSL?

There are a number of areas of this patch which I'm not sure about, the
ASN1 code
doesn't seem to match the description in RFC2459 and the extension of
GENERAL_NAME for example.