On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 09:36:09AM +0200, Tom Wu via RT wrote:

> I noticed that that the functions SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file and
> SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file are available for use with an SSL_CTX
> *, yet there is no "chain" version available to set with an SSL *, only
> SSL_use_certificate_file and friends.  Any particular reason for this?

Its a problem with the current API. It did not take this situation
into account. It e.g. makes client side callbacks useless, which
would need to set a complete certificate chain to satisfy a server's
request.

I have changed the subject of your mail and have bounded it into the
request tracker. I had this problem on my mental TODO list for quite
some time, now it is on the public TODO list :-)
Solving this problem will require a change/extension to the current
API, so I will put it into the 0.9.8 queue.

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/