Peter Viertel wrote:
> -rwxrwxr-x   1 root     bin       921856 Apr  5  2001 libnfhwcrhk.so
> The only difference I can see is the hardserver binary is different on
> each box - the package version of NCnfast on each is 1.72.3 but on the

We have 1.78.11, libnfhwchrk.so size is 1158332 and hardserver size is
664940.

> The good box has a PCI nForce 150, firmware version 1.71.11.
> The bad box has a SCSI nForce 300, firmware version 1.54.24

Hm, our firmware seems to be a bit old... . 1.52.2... .

> So to sum up, I expect this is a nCipher binary / firware related
> problem and not a modssl or openssl-engine issue.
> Hope this helps you.

Thank you.

We now applied the nCipher patches from their NCsslypd package (which
also use libnfhwcrhk.so) to non-engine openssl 0.9.6g. The patches are
for openssl 0.9.6b, but whith some trivial changes they work for openssl
0.9.6g too.

This works much better, no NoMemory anymore.

Regards,
   Juergen