On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 02:47:00PM -0700, Paul L. Allen wrote:
> Baber Amin wrote:
> >
> > I haven't been able to access it for two days now. I can traceroute to it, but
>every html client times out. I have tried different browsers and even text based
>http clients, e.g. links.
>
> Looks like the web server process is down. I haven't been able to
> get to http://www.openssl.org since yesterday afternoon. Today when
> I try a telnet to port 80 on that machine through our SOCKS proxy, I
> get "connection refused". I wonder what's up? Probably the folks
> who run the server are busy trying to fix it and announcing an outage
> is low priority. :-)
Please let me note that openssl.org is running on a server kindly donated
and operated by ETH Zurich. Its an old and slow machine, that we have been
offered to be replaced by another much more powerful machine in the near
future (September?).
The operational issues are handled between Ralf Engelschall and ETHZ
and it seems that it is currently not working out. I can assure you that
we have some 50 apache processes running, but they seem to no longer
accept new requests, such that new requests are rejected.
The problem is that the other members of the team only have normal
user accounts without root privileges, so that even though I see that
there are problems, there is not much I can do about it than trying to
get hold of Ralf Engelschall...
Sorry, no better news,
Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/
BTU Cottbus, Allgemeine Elektrotechnik
Universitaetsplatz 3-4, D-03044 Cottbus
______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project http://www.openssl.org
Development Mailing List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Automated List Manager [EMAIL PROTECTED]