On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 03:47:52AM +0100, Steve Haslam wrote:
> SSL DEBUG HACK: s->hit=1, c=0x815217c (EDH-DSS-DES-CBC3-SHA),
> s->session->cipher=(nil) ((NONE))

In fact.. (talking to myself again, sorry), I looked in d2i_SSL_SESSION(),
and it sets "cipher" to NULL, although it sets cipher_id. So is there
something I should be doing to get session->cipher pointing at the right
SSL_CIPHER object? I don't see a "nice" way of finding an SSL_CIPHER object
by the cipher_id. It seems that "normally" sess->cipher is set up using the
get_cipher_by_char method, which essentially does a search by id. But when
restoring the SSL_SESSION object from a serialised form, that gets skipped.
Urgh.

Also, should s3_clnt.c be checking (c->id != s->session->cipher_id) instead?
That seems to work.

SRH
--
Steve Haslam      Reading, UK                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Debian GNU/Linux Maintainer                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]