Has something changed in the make process in beta 4 regarding shared
libraries?  I am building OpenSSL with the same shell script on my Solaris
(see below), using Workshop/Forte 6, as I did with Beta 3 versions and now I
get unreferenced symbols: dlclose, dlsym, dlopen, etc.  I can get around it
by including -ldl in my app makefiles but I never had to in the past.  I
have "shared" in my Configure command line and this, as usual, produces
libcrypto.a and libcrypto.so.  I only use libcrypto.a when building my apps,
so why is it suddenly needing the dso/dl stuff?  My last B3 build was the
20021025 snapshot.  My app makefiles have not changed.  My Configure command
line is:

../Configure threads shared no-asm no-hw no-ripemd no-idea no-bf no-cast
no-dh no
-mdc2 no-rc2 no-rc5 debug-solaris-sparcv9-cc

Any advice much appreciated.
Chris Brook