> 1)I didn't give any preference to aix-cc;

But you've suggested to change it:-)

> I just changed
> in config script the default CC=gcc to CC=cc for AIX case only.

Is vendor compiler optional on AIX? Because if it is, then you've got to
test if cc is actually present. Normally it's done by passing a "tell me
what version you are" flag to cc and examining the output. As I can't
find such flag in AIX cc manual page so that we probably have to go for
'(cc) 2>&1 | grep -iv "command not found" > /dev/null && CC=cc'...