Hi,

I am a newbe to the SSL. I need to use the MySQL server together with the
SSL. In the documentation of the mysql v. 4.0.10 there is written a
procedure for building up the mysql with the support from openssl and also
about setting up SSL certificates for MySQL:

     DIR=`pwd`/openssl
     PRIV=$DIR/private

     mkdir $DIR $PRIV $DIR/newcerts
     cp /usr/share/ssl/openssl.cnf $DIR
     replace ./demoCA $DIR -- $DIR/openssl.cnf

     touch $DIR/index.txt
     echo "01" > $DIR/serial

     openssl req -new -x509 -keyout $PRIV/cakey.pem -out $DIR/cacert.pem \
        -config $DIR/openssl.cnf

     openssl req -new -keyout $DIR/server-key.pem -out \
         $DIR/server-req.pem -days 3600 -config $DIR/openssl.cnf

     openssl rsa -in $DIR/server-key.pem -out $DIR/server-key.pem

     openssl ca  -policy policy_anything -out $DIR/server-cert.pem \
         -config $DIR/openssl.cnf -infiles $DIR/server-req.pem

     openssl req -new -keyout $DIR/client-key.pem -out \
         $DIR/client-req.pem -days 3600 -config $DIR/openssl.cnf

     openssl rsa -in $DIR/client-key.pem -out $DIR/client-key.pem

     openssl ca  -policy policy_anything -out $DIR/client-cert.pem \
         -config $DIR/openssl.cnf -infiles $DIR/client-req.pem

and aftre the last command I obtain (actually it was the last command to
do):

Certificate is to be certified until Feb 14 06:46:00 2004 GMT (365 days)
Sign the certificate? [y/n]:y
failed to update database
TXT_DB error number 2

Can You help me with the problem? How can I manage with it?

Best regards,

Maciej Bobrowski