[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Fri Jun 13 22:27:37 2003]:

> Hello,
>
> I've already sent this mail to openssl-dev, and saw a little bit later
> that a request tracker was set up.
> So, i forward it to you.
>

> Here are 2 tars including diff files to implement CRL numbers in ca's
> CRL generation.
> File changed are: app/ca.c, apps/openssl.cnf and
> crypto/x509v3/v3_int.c
>
> --
> First tar includes changes applied to the 0.9.7b branch (fully tested
> by myself)
> --
> Second one includes changes applied to the cvs version of ca.c and
> openssl.cnf taken from cvsweb.
> (I've used the new save_serial() and the new rotate_serial(), much
> easier !!)
> As i've no access to a cvs tarball, i haven't been able to test my
> changes.
> I hope my changes will work without modifications.
> --
>
> If you have any question, suggestion or flame, don't hesitate to
> contact me.
>
> I'd love to see crl numbers implemented in the next openssl release,
> so if it needed
> more work, i'll be happy to help.

Thanks for the contribution, most of the changes seem reasonable and
should certainly make it into 0.9.8.

However I think that X509_CRL_set_crlnumber() should instead convert the
BIGNUM to an ASN1_INTEGER then make use of the standard function
X509_CRL_add1_ext_i2d() passing the ASN1_INTEGER into the value
parameter. This should set the CRL number using a portable call and
avoid having to access structure internals.

Also if you do that the changes in v3_int.c are no longer needed.

Please contact me if you want more info about how to do that.

Steve.