Hi Stephen,

thank you for your fast reply.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dr. Stephen Henson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2003 3:30 PM

> > When I use "Email" I get the Error Message: "Subject Attribute Email has
no
> > known NID, skipped"
>
> I think that is a bug...

Good to know that I don't have to search for the error on my side any
longer.

> > When I use "emailAddress" the certificate request is for the subject
> > C=DE, ST=Nordrheinwestfalen, L=Oberhausen, O=ABCGmbH, OU=Internet,
> > CN=User/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > ("/emailAddress" is considered part of the CN)
> >
> It isn't part of the CN, that's just how its displayed: read the FAQ.

http://www.openssl.org/support/faq.html  doesn't contain the string "email"
and only one instance of "CN", which covers a different topic.
http://www.openssl.org/support/faq.html#USER13 also covers a different
topic.

However since you told me that it's  just an odd display, I generated a
certificate from that request and it contained the correct DN.

"Case closed" :-)

Thank you,
Christian