It seems to me that adding a reference counter is a bit better.  This
means that we need to have one extra function (and callback) to release
a pointer (and thereby decreas the reference count).

I'm experimenting with that approach as I write, and I'm going to
release soon unless someone sees a problem with that approach.

Your alternative will unfortunately mean that we'll get a large number
of reports telling us about the memory leak reported by valgrind and
whatnot.  I'd prefer to stay away from there if possible.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Tue Aug 19 10:34:05 2003]:

--
Richard Levitte
[EMAIL PROTECTED]