On Thu, Dec 04, 2003, Bommareddy, Satish (Satish) wrote:

> HI
>
> One of the applications we are working on requires us to generate RSA key
> pairs at a rate of about 20-25 key pairs/second is there any application out
> there which can do this??  is using /dev/random, /etc/entropy or accelerator
> card with RNG any faster?? and can this achieve the speed we require?

What size of key pair? Do they need to be secure or would any set of key pairs
do? What kind of length of time do you need to sustain this rate?

What's the intended purpose of the keypairs? If you don't have to use RSA then
other public key algorithms could be used which have must quicker key generation
times.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.