From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Howard Chu
Sent: Wednesday, 12 May 2004 3:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Win32 compiles under cygwin

Speaking as a member of the Openldap core team, I'll just point out that we
support building on Windows using MinGW. Normally I build with the Cygwin
toolchain, but only in -mno-cygwin mode. When we tested Cygwin (~3 years
ago) we found the performance to be unacceptable and so have only used the
native Windows APIs. I hear that Cygwin has gotten much improved in recent
times but we have no interest in it now. I use the same setup to build
OpenSSL on Windows.

The MSVC project files for OpenLDAP have also been abandoned in OpenLDAP
2.2. The MinGW build is the only one we continue to develop and test.

  -- Howard Chu