Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Mon, 04 Oct 2004 15:33:46 -0700, Lev Walkin <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> said:

vlm> Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
[...]
vlm> > So, I'm looking for proposals on a new syntax to separate IP address
vlm> > from port number. Any suggestion?
vlm> vlm> This is how Cisco does that:
vlm> vlm> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ios_abcs_ios_the_abcs_ip_version_60900aecd800c111e.html
vlm> vlm> This is another informal proposal:
vlm> vlm> http://lists.debian.org/debian-ipv6/2000/01/msg00030.html
vlm> vlm> Also see:
vlm> vlm> http://gbiv.com/protocols/uri/drafts/draft-masinter-url-ipv6-02.txt

Great response!  Thanks!

Now, to decide what solution to use.  For now, I'm torn between the
Cisco solution and the one on the Debian list.  The Cisco one has the
least amount of surprise in it, in my opinion.

The "Cisco" solution *is* the standard solution: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2732.txt

It would be best to avoid any non-standard formats...
--
  -- Howard Chu