On Thu, Oct 28, 2004, [EMAIL PROTECTED] via RT wrote:

> Preceeding the comment line in openssl.cnf with a white space fixed my
> troubles. Before making this correction openssl would error out while
> signing the certificate. There are no other factors that could have
> contributed to this fix as adding the white space was the only thing I
> did. I will accept that it could be a mixture of the distro and maybe
> bash.

Can you state the precise command you used to produce this error message?

Could you remove the whitespace again to see if the error returns?

I've so far not been able to reproduce this problem. RH9 is one distro I
test before a release. I wouldn't have expected a "no start line error" if
the line was misinterpreted because it should give a file not found error
instead.

Steve.
Funding needed! Details on homepage.