On December 11, 2004 08:41 am, Andy Polyakov via RT wrote:
> > starting big number library test, could take a while...
> > test BN_add
> > Add test failed!
>
> I can't reproduce this problem with Sun C 5.2. There should be
> test/tmp.bntest file left over, can you submit it? Essentially this
> smells compiler bug and I should recommend to try another compiler [or
> apply vendor patches] or drop optimization level. We had problems with
> Sun C 5.0 (as you might notice in ./config), so there is a remote
> opportunity that 5.1 can be suffering from similar deficiency too... A.

If it turns out not to be compiler bug, see if you can reproduce it with a
CVS checkout or snapshot of the main branch. There's been an audit of the
bignum code going on there, and all sorts of little conditions have been
caught and corrected - it's quite possible you're seeing one of these
conditions that remain in the 0.9.7-stable branch. (NB, we've avoided
trying to backport these bignum changes to the stable branches because
they're interdependent can't be moved piecemeal - and moving a large
change-set back to a stable branch tends to make administrators and
package maintainers very grumpy.)

Cheers,
Geoff

--
Geoff Thorpe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Greedy Genghis George, Guru of God and Guns.