> Andy

I'm not involved in ftp.openssl.org system administration and if
something on the path from cvs to ftp directory was modified [script,
search path or tar binary?] I would hardly know. In other words it's not
really my cup of tea and addressing me personally is not really
appropriate in this context. At least it might take attention from
person who might have a clue and fix the problem or clarify situation.
And if you saw a report there is no point forwarding another copy to RT
system:-)

>      Per your suggestion I downloaded todays stable
> version of 0.9.7, then I saw this email. Any ideas?

Did you experience same or similar problem or did you just gave up after
merely reading the referred e-mail? For the record I personally have
*no* problems untarring tar-balls in question, so I really have no clue
here...

> openssl-0.9.7-stable-SNAP-20050111/util/x86asm.sh

I can only say that this is and used to be last file in tar archive. A.