Thank you all for your response. I tried including the
the "--static" flag while compiling as well as
directly calling the function ENGINE_load_ubsec. All
these methods end up calling ubsec_init which inturn
call "DSO_load" (and thus dlopen).

I am trying to use the engine implementation for
VXWORKS which does not have dlopen (or dynamic loading
capability).

I was thinking of modifying the "ubsec_init" and
"ubsec_finish" to statically link to the ubsec
functions instead of using dlopen and so on. Is that
the only option I have or is there any other option ?.

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,
Prashant.

--- Ioannis Liverezas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>