Thanks for your advice and the BXA pointer.  I understand and appreciate
your avoidance of making any explicit recommendation or endorsement of
following a particular course of action.

I would like to suggest the following text for your FAQ, under Legal
section:

3.  What are the United States export rules on redistributing
OpenSSL-based software?

"Note that the OpenSSL project and developers do not provide certified
legal advice.  The project recommends that you familiarize yourself with
the following website (http://www.bxa.doc.gov) and consult an attorney."