[Trent Mick wrote]
> [Peter Waltenberg wrote]
> > IBM donated some large patches to OpenSSL a while back. The code was
> > donated under the terms of the OpenSSL licence and is a patch against
> > OpenSSL 0.9.7c. Those included support for Win64. Check the request
> > tracker and openssl-dev mailing list archives.
> >
> > There was one bug in that patch from memory, ia64 AES segv'd if the output
> > buffer was misaligned.
>
> I saw the email for that in the archives but couldn't manage to find the
> actual attachments. Now that I check again I see pointers to them here:
>

> http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&selm=c4lqfe%241bg5%241%40FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw
>
> I'll check them out. Thanks.

Peter,

I've spent sometime with that patch. A few things:

- I've cleaned up the patch a bit and put up the cleaned one here:
    http://trentm.com/patches/openssl-ibm-win64.updated.patch

- I am presuming that this patch is the basis of the BRANCH_WIN64
  branch. Do you know if that is true?

- Do you know what, if any, momentum there is to actually get Win64
  build support (more generally P64-system build support) into core
  OpenSSL?

Cheers,
Trent

--