Current OpenSSL (0.9.8-dev) rc4speed throughput on a Nocona (Em64t,
b4bit) 3.6GHz is 272Mb/s, while this version of RC4 code can archive 536Mb/s in
RC4Speed.

ããWould you please review it?

Cool conditional moves in unrolled loop. Have you considered/tried cmov instead of jump over move instuction? No, there is no conditional move with zero extention, but upper part is maintained zeroed, so that byte cmov shoud do... Well, I bet those jumps are seldom taken, so that branch prediction logic can make better job than cmov, but I have to ask:-)

Or how about moving mozb (%rdi,%r10),%r8d upwards as movzb (%rdi,%r10),%r14b and make inter-register move between r8 and r14 conditional?

The reason I didn't attempt to unroll the RC4_CHAR loop was that I never had access to EM64T hardware and simply mechanically ported P4 loop from 32-bit implementation [where unrolling affected performance negatively] and tested it for correctness on Opteron.

BTW, 272MBps at 3.6GHz? I get 262MBps out of [as just mentioned virtually identical] 32-bit code at 2.4GHz P4... A.