From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of David C. Partridge
Sent: Thursday, 7 April 2005 6:17 PM
To: openssl-dev@openssl.org
Subject: RE: OpenSSL use of DCLP may not be thread-safe on multiple
processors

Thanks all.

It strikes me that the H/W designers have played a bit "fast and loose" with
the cache consistency issue here - I believe I understand the C/C++
optimisation issues, and these CAN be worked around (IMHO) within the rules
of the standard by using bool in some cases.

However I've notified our dev folks to remove the few cases where we've used
this technique as it is certainly dangerous.

Dave