Prashant Kumar wrote:
Hello Group,
Hello Prashant,

The workaround of freeing s3->rbuf and s3->wbuf after the handshake is complete and after SSL_read, SSL_write, SSL_shutdown and so on returns success really seems to work. I have tested it running openssl as a SSL client and as a server. Taking a closer look at the code it looks like these buffers just act as a scratch buffers. With this change I could reduce the memory usage per SSL session significantly.
I just want to make sure that this does not cause any other problem. Any advice from OpenSSL Guru's is really appreciated.

I am not a OpenSSL Guru but I think you should test a Renogiation after You freed the buffers and see what happens...

Bye

Goetz

--
DMCA: The greed of the few outweighs the freedom of the many