On May 19 22:12, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:

>   OpenSSL version 0.9.8 Beta 1
>   ============================
>
>   OpenSSL - The Open Source toolkit for SSL/TLS
>   http://www.openssl.org/
>
>   OpenSSL is currently in a release cycle.  The first beta is now released.
>   The beta release is available for download via HTTP and FTP from the
>   following master locations (the various FTP mirrors you can find under
>   http://www.openssl.org/source/mirror.html):
>
>     o http://www.openssl.org/source/
>     o ftp://ftp.openssl.org/source/
>
>   The file names of the beta are:
>
>     o openssl-0.9.8-beta1.tar.gz

Builds and tests fine on Cygwin, but `make install' is seriously broken
for Cygwin.

First, the crypto and ssl DLLs are now created without version in the
DLL name again (cygssl.dll instead of cygssl-0.9.8.dll) as it was back
in 0.9.6.  This had been fixed in 0.9.7.  Pulling this into the 0.9.8
Makefiles is trivial.

Second, the engine installation only supports .so shared libs installations
and building the engine DLLs misses the version information in the DLL
names, too.  The patch to accomodate Cygwin is somewhat more work, but
should be basically copy/paste from the top level Makefiles.

In both cases I'll send a patch to fix that.  It's just rather late and
especially the engine Makefile change needs some testing, so give me a
couple of days.

Thanks,
Corinna

--