http://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/threads.html says

1
        #if defined(THREADS)

I suspect that this should say:

        #if defined(OPENSSL_THREADS)

I compiled for threads (seemed to be the default) and I saw
-DOPENSSL_THREADS.  When I try the test, THREADS is not defined but
OPENSSL_THREADS is.

2

"id_function(void) is a function that returns a thread ID. It is not
needed on Windows nor on platforms where getpid() returns a different
ID for each thread (most notably Linux)."

On my Linux system, getpid() returns the same pid for each thread.
I'm told that this is the correct Posix behavior, although a Google
search showed that early Linux did not do that.

I suggest pthread_self() as the callback function.

--
Ken Goldman   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   914-784-7646