  OpenSSL version 0.9.8 Beta 4
  ============================

  OpenSSL - The Open Source toolkit for SSL/TLS
  http://www.openssl.org/

  OpenSSL is currently in a release cycle.  The fourth beta is now
  released.  The beta release is available for download via HTTP and
  FTP from the following master locations (the various FTP mirrors you
  can find under http://www.openssl.org/source/mirror.html):

    o http://www.openssl.org/source/
    o ftp://ftp.openssl.org/source/

  The file names of the beta are:

    o openssl-0.9.8-beta4.tar.gz
      MD5 checksum: 55268415737b3d21726307d778fdf39e
      SHA1 checksum: 3d2a19de0c7e1972f8a3f0420e6cf9ac35bbaf4f

  The checksums were calculated using the following command:

    openssl md5 < openssl-0.9.8-beta4.tar.gz
    openssl sha1 < openssl-0.9.8-beta4.tar.gz

  Please download and test them as soon as possible.  This new OpenSSL
  version incorporates 104 documented changes and bugfixes to the
  toolkit (for a complete list see http://www.openssl.org/source/exp/CHANGES
  and http://www.openssl.org/source/exp/NEWS).

  Since the third beta, the following has happened:

    - Ultrix issues are fixed (we think).
    - ia64 issues are fixed (we think).
    - NetWare is updated.
    - More VMS issues are fixed.
    - rpm build issues are fixed (we think).
    - Engine padloack isses are fixed (we think).
    - pqueue should now work a lot better on systems that do not
      support integer types larger than 32 bits.

  Reports and patches should be sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Discussions around the development of OpenSSL should be sent to
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Anything else should go to
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  The best way, at least on Unix, to create a report is to do the
  following after configuration:

      make report

  That will do a few basic checks of the compiler and bc, then build
  and run the tests.  The result will appear on screen and in the file
  "testlog".  Please read the report before sending it to us.  There
  may be problems that we can't solve for you, like missing programs.

  Yours,
  The OpenSSL Project Team...

    Mark J. Cox             Ben Laurie          Andy Polyakov
    Ralf S. Engelschall     Richard Levitte     Geoff Thorpe
    Dr. Stephen Henson      Bodo Möller         Ulf Möller
    Lutz Jänicke            Nils Larsch