To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <openssl-dev@openssl.org>

By addressing me personally you discourage others from replying and openssl-dev is *more* than enough.

Once again, for the newcomers who has no choice but to debug openssl
for whatever reasons.  ppc32 assumed.

./Configure -g shared [linux-ppc]

will get you a debug version of 0.9.8.  Correct me if I am wrong.

./config -g [shared] or ./Configure linux-ppc -g [shared]. I mean you can't say that linux-ppc is optional with ./Configure by placing it in square brackets, as it shall fail without platform identification line. A.