AP> As support for platforms "narrower" than 32-bit is discontinued...
Do I face the prospect of not being able to update at all (past some
0.9.9)?!
As the more code in the OpenSSL gets updated - the more I'll disable in
./configure?
Quite sad...

AP> How wide-spread the target platform?
It is QNX4. Not as usual as windoze, but still very popular for
robotics...

AP> Is SHA512 really required in the context and/or does it really
AP> worth it?
To ensure the interoperability with modern clients on other platforms
(SSH.com, OpenSSH) - yes.

AP>  These are kind of question behind reasoning behind "not
AP> really."
:(

--
Best regards,
 Anthony           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]