The vision is to reduce WCE-isms to #if defined(_WIN32_WCE) && _WIN32_WCE>=*minimally_required* and eventual #ifdef PLATFORM [there it's *proven* to be required]. The latter is currently broken as I now realize, by means of essentially meaningless -DWCEPLATFORM=$wceplatf

In rand_win.c we could read

#if defined(OPENSSL_SYS_WINCE) && WCEPLATFORM!=MS_HPC_PRO

Well, WCEPLATFORM!=MS_HPC_PRO condition is *never* met... Meaning that CryptGenRandom was never called on *any* WCE platform, instead of all but MS_HPC_PRO... Fixed by replacing it with _WIN32_WCE>=210 condition, which is minimum requirement according to MSDN.

[which was kind of copied from wcedefs.mak]. It should be -D$wceplatf [or why not -DWCE_$wceplatf], right?

I've chosen to settle for -DWCE_PLATFORM_$wceplatf, because that's what is apparently set by Visual Studio IDE [as some references at MSDN suggest]. In the above case would result in WCE_PLATFOMR_MS_HPC_PRO macro being defined. A.