Hello Dan Kegel.

DK> Denis Andreevich wrote:
>> Why you don't use 7-Zip for compressing OpenSSL sources?
>> Just tar "openssl-0.9.8.tar"          size 16 281 600 bytes
>> bzip2    "openssl-0.9.8.tar.bz2"      size  2 611 152 bytes
>> 7zip     "openssl-0.9.8.tar.7z"       size  2 123 591 bytes

DK> Because the compression gains are relatively minor?
DK> Because 7zip is relatively unknown?
DK> Because it isn't bundled with the major Linux distributions yet?
DK> Because www.7zip.org makes it look like it's a Windows-only app?

DK> Once it's on half the Linux workstations by default
DK> would be a good time to consider it.
DK> - Dan

First of all, little size of openssl distribution -> speed up download
sources from server. I'm use modem and speed really matter for me.

7zip and p7zip distributed under GNU GPL.

7zip and p7zip not Window$-only app. Please visit http://p7zip.sourceforge.net/
and answer to your questions your self

---
С уважением,                 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Денис.