Okay. Most stuff seems to work, but the command-line compiler and
linker combination do not include the manifests. To reproduce, do the
following:

  1. Build as normal.
  2. del out32dll\*.manifest
  3. nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak test

The application fails completely. Rebuilding and deleting the
manifests from the DLLs allows the tests to work, but it is
recommended that there be manifests for DLLs as well. It is possible
to embed the manifest as a resource, as described on MSDN here:
  http://blogs.msdn.com/nikolad/articles/425359.aspx

Note that the resource in the second example uses ;2 for a DLL, so it
is possible to embed a manifest in the DLL.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I'm not really familiar enough with
the configuration and makefile process in OpenSSL that I can do much.
I am, however, trying to modify the finished ntdll.mak to provide at
least something that can be worked with on this. I appreciate anything
that can be done toward this.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * [EMAIL PROTECTED]