On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 15:23 +0100, Stephen Henson via RT wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Fri Jan 27 15:01:56 2006]:
>

> > This patch is adding support for TLS hello extensions and externally
> > generated pre-shared key material to OpenSSL 0.9.8. This is
> > based on the patch from Alexey Kobozev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > (sent to openssl-dev mailing list on Tue, 07 Jun 2005 15:40:58 +0300).
> >

> Note that some TLS extension code has recently been committed to the
> HEAD (0.9.9-dev). So if this is to be included into OpenSSL it would
> have to work with that.

Stephen,

Is it true that openssl-0.9.7 and 0.9.8 are frozen with regards to
features like TLS extensions?  Do you expect vendors like Red Hat or
Suse to include and support patches like TLS extensions on their own
once they have standardized on a version of openssl for their enterprise
products?

For example, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 was released almost 1 year ago
and includes 0.9.7a plus all the security patches issue over the last
year.  If I need the TLS extension patch officially supported by Red
Hat, it would have to come from "upstream" -- your group -- or they
would have to support it as a one-off patch.  I was hoping your group
would accept it, but it appears your efforts are concentrated on 0.9.9-
dev.

Thanks for your time.

/Brian/
--
       Brian Long                      |         |           |
       IT Data Center Systems          |       .|||.       .|||.