In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Tue, 7 Mar 2006 15:07:37 +0100, "Dr. Uwe
Girlich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

Uwe.Girlich> I know this but reading the mailing list archive of
Uwe.Girlich> openssl-dev@openssl.org, it looks like some members of
Uwe.Girlich> the OpenSSL community already did this and I hoped to
Uwe.Girlich> simply get the CCATS number of a release.

Those submitions are only patches, and the corresponding TSU notices
are specifically for those patches, not OpenSSL in its entirity.

OpenSSL is developped outside of the US (the central storage is in
Germany, and the majority of the active developpers are in Germany, UK
and Sweden), so there is really no need for it to have any TSU
notification for the source, since it will get *imported* into the US
from our perspective, not *exported* from it.

I believe some companies may already have done the job you're trying
to do.  However, if they are willing to let you use their CCATS number
is beyond my knowledge.  Truth be told, I think you're on your own
unless someone speaks up here and now.

Cheers,
RIchard

-----

Richard Levitte                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                        http://richard.levitte.org/

                                                -- C.S. Lewis